What is this black walnut ice cream? of course, it’s not an ordinary dessert. It is delicious with a creamy texture, consisting of walnuts, which gives it a unique taste to stimulate your taste buds. They have an earthier flavor compared with other walnuts, besides this flavor easily blends with milk fats, which makes them perfect for ice cream.
This will be a perfect sophisticated ice cream dessert for a dinner party with your loved ones!! More importantly, the steps are easy-peasy.
Unlike other walnuts, black walnuts are wild plants. They grow near the eastern coast of North America and Over thousands of years, these nuts were popular food sources for people. The literature says these walnuts were indeed an inspirational food ingredient for ancient tribes. They ate them in fresh forms or in culinary dishes, baked foods, soups, and even in beverages.
Then why shouldn’t we use them in our recipes too!! Now Lets see how we can make black-walnut ice cream at your home.
How to make black walnut ice cream at home
You can use this recipe in preparing ice cream with any other nuts.
Total time requirement -30 minutes ( without the chilling time and churning time)
- Preparation time – 20 minutes
- Cook time – 15 minutes
Preparation of black walnut ice cream- Method 01
- 2 cups of light cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 2/3 cups of sugar( you can make slight changes to the amount of sugar based on your preference)
- 2/3 cups of chopped black walnuts
- 1/3 tsp of vanilla extract / 1/2 scraped vanilla bean
- 4 egg yolks
- First heat the milk, sugar, walnut pieces, and the cream in a bowl until it steams (the temperature around 170 degrees).
- Then after turning off the heat you can add the vanilla extract or scraped vanilla bean to the bowl, stir properly and cover it. Allow cooling for about 1 hour.
- Keep the mixture in a refrigerator overnight or at least for 4 hours
- After chilling it’s important to strain the mixture to get rid of walnut pieces. Keep those pieces in the refrigerator for later use.
- Now heat the mixture to 155-160°F. when the cream reaches the required temperature, you can beat the eggs and add a little amount of hot cream. Mix them properly in a vigorous manner.
- After that, you should put the egg and cream mixture into the main mixture and stir well. Gently cook this for five minutes while stirring often
- Once again strain the mixture and allow it to cool to room temperature. Then pour into the churner and churn it until a soft consistency is observed.
- Finally, add the ice cream mix to a large nice bowl with the previously reserved walnut pieces and freeze.
- enjoy your black walnut ice cream!
Preparation of black walnut ice cream- Method 02
If you walnut extracts , The preparation steps are quite easier than above.
- 2 cups of light cream
- 1 cup of half and half cream
- A small number of black walnuts ( based on your preference)
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- nearly 1/2 tsp of walnut extract
- Add cream, sugar, and walnut extract to a large bowl and mix well
- Then Pour the mixture into a churner and churn until you get a soft consistency
- Add the walnuts to the mixture and mix well
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and freeze until the correct consistency is achieved
- Calories – 321 Kcal
- Protein – 6 g
- Carbohydrates – 18 g
- Fat – 26 g
- Cholesterol – 148 mg
- Fiber – 1 g
- Potassium – 152 mg
- Calcium – 100 mg
- Iron – 1 mg
- Vitamin C – 1 mg
funny black walnut recipe ideas
- Delicious Black walnut cookies
- Black walnut pie
- Yummy Black walnut snowball cookies
- Black walnut cake
- Christmas Black walnut cake
- Black walnut muffins
If a food fulfills your basic requirements, easy to make, and tastes great, why not you should try it!!
Enjoy black walnut ice cream with your loved ones. It’s easy peasy and fantastic. Try the same recipes with other nuts too. Do not forget to add your comments!!