Having a great beverage recipe and starting a business is one thing; Let’s see how to Expand your beverage business. the beverage industry is highly competitive, and expanding your beverage business can be challenging.
If you need to know the things that you need to know before starting a beverage business check out this Article – Things to know before you start a beverage business
Nevertheless, it is also true that expanding your beverage business is quite rewarding. Whether you are a small coffee shop wanting to grow into a bigger coffee place, start a new shop at another location, or a large beverage company seeking entry into new markets, business expansion opens up new avenues.
But as a business owner, focusing on business expansion when your attention is pulled towards various directions is quite tough.
With that said a combination of the right mindset, strategies, and tools can help you stick out from the crowd and find a unique position for yourself in the market.
The guide below jots down some effective ways and tips to expand your beverage business and make it a smashing success.
1. Offer services for bigger events
Offering complementary services for bigger events can help you expand your business. It assists you in standing out among your competitors by providing more value to your customers.
However, while proposing a complementary service with your beverages, always stay true to your brand’s identity and customer base. Think about your expenses and potential revenues. Additionally, also consider any logistical or operational challenge you might face. With that in mind, consider the below ideas for providing complementary services to your customers.
- You can provide catering facilities for corporate events and weddings or mobile vending services for festivals and outdoor markets.
- Offering customized packaging and branding, including labels, branded drinkware, or unique bottle designs for your beverages, is another practical way to outshine the competition.
- Providing hawking tray systems for stadiums during sporting events or concerts also helps you differentiate your business offerings. A hawking tray system is used to sell beverages and snacks to fans. The hawking trays, such as those from Gallery carts, are portable and lighter than ice-loaded trays and provide high-performance insulation on the outer ring and the bottom. As a result, all the cooling is pushed inwards to ensure optimal product integrity for the users.
Offering a hawking tray system with a major order helps you provide a convenient and efficient way for customers to purchase beverages and snacks during events. This can help you increase your sales and attract new customers who value convenience and speed.
2. Rely on storytelling to expand your beverage business
Every brand or business has a unique story behind its offering, so share yours with your customers. Storytelling is an influential tool and a unique and impactful way to nurture your beverage business.
According to Stanford Marketing Professor Jennifer Aaker, people are twenty-two times more likely to recall a story than remember a standalone fact. It means stories are much more persuasive than hardcore data for advocating your ideas.
Sharing the story behind your brand, product, or ingredients creates an emotional connection with your audience and helps you differentiate yourself from competitors. Effective storytelling can change customers’ opinions about your product, helping you achieve even the toughest business goals.
From the origin story of your business to the inspiration behind your latest product, there are diverse angles to explore when it comes to storytelling.
Using your product’s packaging is another way to visually give a sneak peek into your unique story. Using colors, imagery, and typography is a great way to convey your brand message. For instance, if you started your beverage business to present a healthy and eco-friendly option to the public, use sustainable packaging to communicate your brand’s intent.
3. Use e-commerce platforms to reach more customers
The world is increasingly going digital. Many people use their smartphones to purchase from the comfort of their houses and avoid visiting stores. So, making your business website for online shopping of your beverage or collaborating with an independent e-commerce platform is a great way to establish new income streams. Diversifying your business this way helps you expand your business and aligns with customers’ changing buying behavior.
While using e-commerce platforms for business growth, ensure your website is up-to-date and the product listings are high-quality and properly optimized for search engines. A highly optimized website appears on top when customers use a keyword related to your beverages or brand in the search engine.
To boost the online sale of your product, offer discounts and promotions to encourage repeat purchases. For instance, you can provide free shipping for orders over a certain amount or for a limited time.
4. Use social media for your benefit
Social media has become inevitable for the growth of most businesses these days. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok are taking businesses and individuals to new heights all the time. So, not using social media for your benefit in the current times is injudicious.
Below find ways to use social media for your business development:
- Social media platforms help you create targeted ads that only appear in the newsfeed of the customers who might be interested in your products. Use social media advertising to target the right customer base and make your advertisement more effective. Advertising through social media can connect you to customers you can never reach through traditional platforms such as billboards or TV commercials.
- Influencer marketing through social media is on the rise. Social media influencers have thousands of followers. You can collaborate with these influencers to create product reviews and sponsored posts to increase your brand and product awareness.
- Using social media to give behind-the-scenes of your beverage business is a creative way to build brand association and trust. It is a way to tell your customers how the beverages are made. It also communicates the ethical principles held by your business.
- Additionally, you can answer customer queries, create a fun challenge and make it viral, share user-generated content, and offer giveaways.
Expanding your beverage business requires you to take a lot of steps. But before everything else, it requires you to come out of your comfort zone, try new strategies, and use tools you haven’t used before. For instance, you might be wary of the pervasiveness of social media in people’s life. Still, you must use it as your business demands its use. Similarly, you must be ready to make new collaborations, such as those with e-commerce platforms and social media influencers, to reach the apex of business success.
Find more beverage recipes – Beverage Recipes