Chilly weather always calls for cozy, hot meals. Then you surely come up with the delicious idea, KFC chicken pot pie! Yes, when you want something yummy and does not harm your health much, it is a perfect and affordable option for you and your family. However, if you were unable to eat the whole at once, how to reheat KFC chicken pot pie? This article will thoroughly explain the procedure to reheat this food, saving its taste.
What is KFC Chicken Pot Pie?
KFC comes with various mouthwatering dishes, and one of their affordable and handy dishes is chicken pot pie. As the name suggests, it comes in a pot along with a golden crust on the top and a delicious filling inside it. For the filling, there are some vegetables such as carrots, diced potatoes, and peas with fried chicken. This famous comforting hot meal is great for the cold weather, and you only have to spend $5 for a pot.
Can I Reheat KFC Chicken Pot Pie?
You already know that chicken pot pie is something you should taste while it is hot. But in case you were late to eat it, or you have some leftovers, what can you do? Yes, you can reheat KFC chicken pot pie and eat it following a few easy steps. But you should be careful with this because if you do not follow the correct method, the result will be a soggy chicken pot pie since this contains some vegetables as well. And remember, it is not a good idea to reheat more than one-day-old chicken pot pie if you did not preserve it properly. Mainly, there are two methods to reheat this meal using your oven or microwave.
Does Chicken Pot Pie Reheat Well?
You can reheat chicken pot pie as you wish, but it is questionable whether it is reheated well. The reason why it contains a filling with various veggies and chicken and the crust is somewhat thick. Consequently, you may under-reheat or over-reheat the meal. If you under-reheat it, you will not achieve the exact taste of the meal, while if you over-reheat it, the chicken pot pie will tend to be soggy. Therefore, you have to deal with this case carefully to experience the real taste of the dish. The details below will clarify everything, along with the correct procedure.
How to Reheat KFC Chicken Pot Pie in Microwave?
If you wish to use your microwave for this task, it is safe to reheat a pot pie in the microwave, and here is what you should follow.
- First and foremost, you will need a microwave-safe bowl for reheating since the foil pan of the pot pie cannot go in the microwave. So, gently place the pot pie in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Next, set the microwave to low heat.
- Then, place the hot pie inside the microwave for around one minute. The time will vary depending on the quantity you placed in the microwave and the power of your device. We have mentioned above the usual time that one KFC chicken pot pie will take to reheat. It is recommended to heat one pot of pie at once. If not, you probably over-reheat them.
- Use a toothpick and insert it into the core of the pot pie to make sure whether it has become hot enough or not. If not, you can keep it further for a few seconds.
- Once it is done, take the pot pie and enjoy.
How to Reheat KFC Chicken Pot Pie in Oven?
Secondly, we are going to discuss the oven method step by step if you prefer to use the oven.
- First, you should pay attention to the original container of the pot pie. If it has been damaged or broken, we would recommend carefully switching the dish to another oven-safe container with the help of a spatula or a butter knife. Otherwise, you can use the original container, but you should keep it inside another oven-safe container. You do not need to use a lid.
- Secondly, preheat your oven to 350 F.
- After preheating, place the pot pie inside the oven to reheat.
- During the latter part of the reheating, you have to cover the pot pie using aluminum foil. You will know the moment to do this when the crust gets dark.
- Then, heat the pot pie for up to 20 minutes.
The procedure is completed; you can just eat it or add some cheddar on top for extra taste.
Is Reheating KFC Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer a Possibility?
The air fryer has become one of the most popular kitchen items these days, and luckily you can use it too to reheat KFC chicken pot pie. But remember that according to the power of your equipment, cooking time might vary, so do your own experiment. Below are the simple steps to reheat pot pie.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 F.
- After preheating, you can place the pot pie in the air fryer basket.
- Then, leave it for about 8 to 10 minutes. You can check whether it has become warm or not using a toothpick.
- When the time is up, take the meal and enjoy.
How to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits?
If you want to add some extra flavor to your chicken pot pie, you can try the recipe for chicken pot pie with biscuits. When it comes to reheating this popular variety of chicken pot pie, it would be best to try the oven method. The article has already mentioned the exact steps, so refer to the above-mentioned details.
What is the Best Way to Reheat Chicken Pot Pie?
Someone who has both a microwave and oven may have the question of what the best way to reheat this meal is. In short, the oven method is the best option indeed. By using the oven, you can achieve the original taste of the chicken pot pie that it had instead of the microwave. And there is another drawback of the microwave. Normally, chicken pot pie comes with a foil pan. Thus, you will not be able to place the pot pie in the same way in the microwave since it is not safe. You will definitely need a microwave-safe container. And as you guess, switching the meal from one pan to the other will be a messy task.
You May Also Like