The juicy flesh and the crispy coating of chicken nuggets make anyone even more hungry, so we all love to eat them without any age limit. But you may not have tried to make chicken nuggets at home since there are various methods on the internet. If you are looking for the easiest and quickest method to make chicken nuggets at home, we are here to guide you today! Can you microwave chicken nuggets? Obviously! You can try the microwave method that we are going to explain to you in this article to make delicious chicken nuggets.
Can you Microwave Chicken Nuggets?
Chicken nuggets are mouth-watering fast food that is made from boneless chicken. Since it can be customized with various seasonings and toppings, there may be different recipes for this snack. Similarly, there are some different methods to make chicken nuggets.
Apart from the most popular method of the stove, you can make chicken nuggets using your microwave too. Indeed, it is quicker and easier than the stove method. And also, it will make less mess than the stove method because you will not have to transfer chicken nuggets from the pan to another container. But we remind you that the crispiness of the nuggets depends on the final step of the process, frying. So, if you follow the microwave method, you will get a slightly different result than the stove method.
Is It Safe to Microwave Chicken Nuggets?
Yes, of course! It is totally safe to make chicken nuggets using the microwave. Actually, there are some hidden advantages of this method. Here, you will use zero amount of oil to prepare nuggets, not like the stove method. Thus, this snack will not be harmful to your good health. And the microwave method will help to lock in the chicken nugget’s flavor and moisture. So, you will love microwaved chicken nuggets more than regular ones because there is no heavy crispy coating that overcomes the taste of the flesh.
Additionally, there is no risk of over-frying them if you follow the method preciously. What’s more, you do not need to keep watching until they are ready like you do when you use the stove; thus, the microwave method is easy to follow for anyone. And it does not take much time to prepare warm and yummy chicken nuggets.
How to Make Chicken Nuggets with the Microwave?
- First, you will prepare the mixture for chicken nuggets using boneless chicken and seasoning. Next, coat the small pieces of the mixture using flour, eggs, and bread crumbs.
- After you make raw chicken nuggets, you should place them on a microwave-safe plate evenly. But before you place them in the microwave, there is another key thing you should follow. Take a paper towel and place it under the nuggets. It will prevent the chicken nuggets from getting soggy. If you want, you can sprinkle some vegetable oil on them now.
- Then cook them on high heat. Only one minute of cooking will be enough since you increase the heat. If they are not cooked well, cook them for 15 seconds more.
- After that, take the nuggets out and flip them to cook the other side as well. This time, keep them in the microwave for two minutes.
- Now you can take the plate from the microwave. But before serving, check whether they are thoroughly cooked or not. Depending on their thickness, sometimes you will have to cook the nuggets for 15 to 20 seconds more. And if there are nuggets up to 15, you will have to keep them in the microwave for at least 3 to 4 minutes. So, 15 chicken nuggets are the perfect maximum amount you should cook in the microwave at once. To check the consistency of the core, you can simply cut one piece into two parts.
- As the last step, you should let the chicken nugget rest for at least 30 seconds. Then they will be able to retain their heat without drying. When the time is up, you can enjoy the chicken nuggets with any dipping you like!
How Do you Microwave Frozen Chicken Nuggets?
If there are some leftover raw chicken nuggets, you should definitely freeze them to preserve their good quality. And there are frozen chicken nuggets in the market under various brand names. So, when you want to cook them, you can use your microwave following the above instructions. First, let the frozen chicken nuggets refreeze for a while if there is a lot of ice crystals on them. But make sure to use a paper towel under the nuggets because the ice is thawing further when you microwave them.
As a result, the excessive moisture can make the nuggets soggy. If you do not put on a paper towel, you will not have the real taste of the chicken nuggets due to the aforesaid reason. After you put a paper towel, you can microwave the nuggets without any issues until they become golden brown.
Can you Reheat Chicken Nuggets in the Microwave?
When you want to reheat the store-bought chicken nuggets, there are some factors you should keep in mind apart from the instructions on the packaging. Reheating will be somewhat tricky because the their good taste can be loosed by a small mistake.
First and foremost, you must check the date of expiration because those that have expired are not safe to eat. Even though the date is okay, you should check the appearance and consistency of the chicken nuggets. If you can see some dark spots or smell a bad odor, do not cook them because they are getting spoilt. And you should not use a metal container for cooking; always use a microwave-safe tray.
Since you only reheat them, set the temperature low; otherwise, they will be overcooked. In addition, you have to flip the chicken nuggets every 30 seconds when reheating to confirm every side of the pieces gets the heat evenly. Apart from this advice, go through the packaging for any special instructions from the manufacturer.
You May Also Like